How to choose the best RTA kitchen cabinets for your kitchen
A commonly known fact is the kitchen cabinets may be enough expensive to occupy up to half of your entire kitchen remodeling budget. Nevertheless, there is a way out of this situation. Pre assembled kitchen cabinets is a great opportunity for homeowners to significantly reduce the cost of kitchen remodeling. The cabinets are delivered completely packed having all the required hardware including the assembly manual. However, before making a decision to buy a new cabinet, it is worth taking some time to learn more about RTA kitchen cabinets and the specifics of their assembly.
What are pre assembled cabinets (RTA)?
The Ready-To-Assemble name speaks for itself. These are real cabinets, just like you buy from a kitchen store. The only difference is that you need to assemble and install them yourself. When you buy such a product you may expect to get wrapped and packed parts of your future cabinet which are cut to necessary dimensions and have all necessary holes and decorative elements.
As a rule, the assembling and installation manual is included. Usually, it contains diagrams, pictures, or a step-by-step guide with few or no written explanations. Some manufacturers provide links to an online video on how to assemble premade kitchen cabinets.
How to get the best RTA kitchen cabinets of a good quality
The same as normal cabinets, ready-to-assemble models cover the entire quality range, from poor to excellent. It is possible to buy RTA cabinets that are as strong and attractive as anything you find in a kitchen showroom. But before you choose the one you like, you should also be able to recognize a poor quality product. For example, it is better to avoid built-in runners for drawers and doors made from veneered chipboard or medium-density fiberboard (MDF), chipboard boxes, etc. The main features of good quality assembled kitchen cabinets are outlined below:
- Solid wood boxes.
- External slides for drawers.
- Solid wood framed doors with solid or plywood panels.
- Finishes and coatings are brushed, not sprayed.
This is not a problem to check the quality while buying in the regular store when you know points to pay attention to. However, ordering RTA kitchen cabinets online you may request a sample to ensure that you are buying a quality product. Also, don’t forget to check the availability of spare parts for your cabinets. If something breaks or gets damaged during assembly, waiting for a replacement part can be annoying. Even if this happens after a few years, you could easily replace the broken part.
Advantages of fully assembled kitchen pantry cabinet
You can get numerous benefits buying these modern kitchen cabinets:
- Custom RTA cabinets are especially affordable compared to other types without compromising on style or design. What’s more, the customization option allows you to customize selected cabinets you put together and ensure they meet most, if not all, of your requirements.
- Kitchen cabinets are conveniently available at all local stores, where you can choose the best possible price and quality.
- You can easily opt to shop online to save as much money as possible without compromising quality or models’ variety. The added benefit of online shopping is the fast shipping of the chosen item to your home.
- The modern kitchen cabinets RTA are made of high-quality materials to ensure durability and long service life.
Features of RTA cabinet assembly and installation
In general, if you assemble cabinets yourself, you don’t need to be a professional woodworker because they are specially designed for easy assembly. However, you may face two types of RTA:
- Cabinets that are assembled as fast and simple as IKEA cabinets. They require a minimal toolset (screwdriver, drill, and hammer) with no complicated operations like cutting or gluing.
- Other cabinets to go assembly from scratch. They require an advanced toolset and some woodwork experience.
So, before starting RTA cabinet drawer assembly ask yourself a few questions. Are you sure that its appearance and functionality will not suffer during the assembly and installation process? Do you have all the necessary tools, knowledge of technological features, accessories, and a lot of spare time? Do you feel confident that you will not spoil the cabinets to go drawer assembly you just bought? If you are not confident in your abilities, then it is better to turn to pros.
Let’s consider several main reasons why contacting the professionals can be advantageous for you:
- Saving your time.
- Savings on tools.
- Compliance with technology.
- Competitive price.
- The service life of the cabinets is increased.
- Warranty for the service provided.
Our company employs highly qualified furniture assemblers with extensive working experience. They all are well-trained and possess all the necessary professional qualities to deliver fast and reliable RTA cabinet installation. Professional furniture assembly ensures the excellent look and durability of RTA cabinets.